When you want to improve the shade of your teeth and get a brighter smile, treatments that whiten your teeth can help. At Eriks Dental Group, we offer professional teeth whitening that removes stains from soda, coffee, wine, tobacco, and general wear and tear or aging. During a visit to our Boynton Beach office, Dr. Ty Eriks and team can perform a comprehensive dental exam to determine if it is a viable treatment option for your oral health.
Who Is The Best Candidate For Teeth Whitening?
When your tooth enamel appears dull or has stains, you will want to learn more about whitening your teeth. Before any treatment begins, we must ensure your oral health is intact. If we detect any issues during an exam, we must resolve them before whitening occurs, including fillings or root canal therapy. Individuals who are not good candidates for teeth whitening treatments include patients who:
- Have periodontal disease
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have worn or damaged enamel
- Are under the age of 16
- Have oral cancer
- Have restorations such as crowns, bridges, or implants
- Are allergic to peroxide
- Have extreme tooth sensitivity
What Teeth Whitening Options Do We Offer?
At Eriks Dental Group, we offer in-office and at-home teeth whitening treatments. With our in-office treatment, Dr. Eriks will whiten your teeth in less than an hour using BriteSmile® or Zoom®. Both are similar methods that use a liquid gel on the teeth with a UV light that speeds up the process. This gives you immediate results. After your session, we will give you trays that allow you to whiten your teeth at home periodically. We recommend this tooth whitening option because it gives you quick results safely in our dental office.
Another option we offer is at-home trays. Your custom plastic trays will fit perfectly on your teeth. Our dental team will give you extensive instructions on how to use your teeth whitening trays for the best success. You will brush a liquid gel inside the tray and wear them for a few hours a day. After two weeks, you will have whiter teeth. Many of our patients enjoy this method as it whitens your teeth evenly.
What to Avoid to Help Your Teeth Whitening Last
After having teeth whitening in Boynton Beach, there are some things you should avoid after, including:
- Smoking: Using tobacco products is one of the major causes of stains on the teeth. Quit smoking, not only for your overall health but for your oral health too. Best of all, it will help to keep your teeth whiter.
- Stain-causing beverages: Tea, coffee, tea, and many juices can all cause stains to your teeth. Limiting exposure to them is important, especially after you have just had teeth whitening treatment.
- Acidic, and colored foods or spices: There are many foods that you should avoid after whitening your teeth including berries, curry, balsamic vinegar, red sauce, or soy sauce.
- Dental hygiene products with dyes: Using toothpaste or mouthwash with dye dramatically affects the color of your teeth. Use products specifically made for sensitive teeth, which is the main side effect of tooth whitening.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your teeth stay white longer.
Schedule an Appointment to Learn More About Cosmetic Dentistry
When you’re considering in-office or at-home teeth whitening from Eriks Dental Group, schedule an appointment to learn more about the dental services we offer. Our team can help you meet your dental goals with professional-level whitening products at our dental office. To learn more about how you can get the smile you’ve always dreamed of, call our Boynton Beach office at 561-733-4004 today.